Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grow Spring!


Yesterday I pulled out the Easter decorations. Eggs in pastels and flowers of yellow and white. Once our home was filled with the colors of spring I decided to pull out the girls' warm weather clothes. I needed to take inventory - see what we had and what "needed" to be purchased. I must say, the sorting of capris and shorts and tees and tanks and swimsuits and sun hats and flip flops and sandals did nothing GOOD to my severe case of spring fever. EM spent the day in a in a blue sundress with big red flowers and orange capris underneath - as if she could will springtime to stay.

How I anticipate springtime after a long, cold, snowy winter. She is such a tease, promising to come, only to grace us with her presence in brief bits of sunshine and warmth. Springtime, this household is ready to welcome you with open arms (and shorts and tee-shirts and flip flops). Come and stay a while. Give us days in the park, and picnics, and bike rides, and walks without jackets. Let us come out of our hiding. No more arranged play dates. I want to look out my window and see the neighborhood kids playing while their mothers read books or weed gardens. I want to join them. For me, and mine, please come soon, and don't go away.

As I sit here, watching the snow fall, covering the ground that was bare just hours earlier, I fear that I'll have to wait longer than I'd like.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sarah, you are such a good writer. and I love your decorations. So cute! Anyway, kids are screaming at me. Gotta go!

Sarah said...

I am hereby excitedly joining you in your crusade. I believe in you. I believe in Spring, too. My egg wreath is going up this week! And then maybe some stuffy bunnies shoved in a basket with a green-and-pink bow! And then my Easter tree? Yes, yes, yes!

Together, we can make it happen.

© Of Good Report. Powered by