Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

What to Say

It's been so long, and yet I'm still feeling uninspired and unmotivated to blog. But I'm so embarrassed that the last thing I posted about was the American Idol winner. As if my life holds no more value now that the show is over. How pathetic that would be if that were true. I have So You Think You Can Dance to get me through until American Idol starts again. Just kidding....really, I'm not seriously that obsessed or pathetic.

It's been a typical summer. EM has been busy with gymnastics and swim lessons and now soccer practice. She is really thriving, and it makes me proud (and just a little bit sad) to see her growing up. As always she is my stubborn little mule, and while I love her dearly, there are days I want to lock her in her room forever....or at least until she learns some decent manners.

My sweet LuV is also growing up. She is a chatterbox, and now that we successfully cut her off from her binkies she has all sorts of things to say. She imitates everything her big sister says/does, which is pretty cute most of the time. Except when she says things like, "Just go away, Mom." Which in her adorable little 22-month-old voice is pretty hard to take seriously, but still....I'm not a fan of the sass she's picked up from her "role model".

We've played in the water and dirt and with chalk and with friends. We've ridden bikes and basically just enjoyed good weather, when Mother Nature was kind enough to bless us with it. It's been a crazy summer weather-wise. My girls spent a week at my Mom and Dad's while I survived Girls Camp. I think that was the highlight of their summer.

I started out the summer waking up early to go running. I was doing it pretty faithfully, and was feeling GOOD about myself, but that only lasted a few weeks. Now I roll out of bed when my girls do...Maybe next summer I'll do better. My windows need a washing in a bad way. My house has been sorely neglected. I've let my laundry pile up, which I NEVER let myself do. Some nights my girls eat Ramen noodles for dinner. My summer has consisted of laying on the couch doing as little as possible.

Yes, I am lazy beyond belief. But in my defense I am also 11-weeks pregnant. I am hoping to regain some usefulness in the next week or two, but not making any promises. We (meaning hubby and I) are a little freaked out by the prospect of being outnumbered. I suppose we'll figure it out as we go. CW needs a son, so send the boy vibes this way. Although I'm pretty comfortable in the girl department and wouldn't mind just keeping the status quo. And yet, a little less emotion and drama would also be nice. See how useless I am? I can't even make up my mind. A useless flake is what I've become.

And poor CW has to live with me through it all. He's a keeper, that CW. Patient and hard-working and a lifesaver for the girls. One example of what he has to put up with: he bought a puppy for himself for Father's Day. And then six weeks later when I clearly couldn't handle one more responsibility on my plate, he sold the puppy. He did it for me, his useless, flaky wife. And that about sums up our summer.

6 comments:

jillpill said...

Congratulations on your expected arrival! I have fabulous boy vibes...so consider them sent! I feel the fact that you even get up with the girls means you are coping well. That first trimester is a killer! And, you went to girls camp? You are AMAZING! The laundry will wait, the windows will get dirty whether you clean them or not and the "dirty" house isn't going anywhere. It will still be there waiting. (I highly doubt your house is dirty!) Hang in there and know that I so understand! Oh...and good call on the puppy. I not into the extra work either!

With love, from another pregnant flakey tired chick, who is living in a dirty house and feeding her children frozen pizzas.

David and Jana said...

Congrats on expecting a new little one. How exciting!

Emily said...

That is what summer is all about. Letting your house get dirty so you can enjoy outdoors. I'm sorry you are feeling lazy but that will pass and I doubt your house is THAT dirty.

Heidi said...

You are so funny! I'm happy to hear the summary of your exciting summer. Congrats and good luck on all the tasks and I'm sure you'll do great.

I didn't get to sending you a thank you note, but I really want to tell you how nice it was to work with you in YW and VT this last year. You are wonderful and it was a joy to be with you!!! Thanks for everything and I look forward to reading more of updates! :)

Sarah said...

Just one unfortunate thought, my friend. Boys are emotional and dramatic, just a different kind. But I will still send the boy-baby thoughts your way. Variety can be good. At least you don't have to wonder whether he or she will be cute!

Let's go do something. Now is the time. NOW.

Lebanites said...

Congrats Thomas!

© Of Good Report. Powered by