Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blogging Blahs

If you hadn't noticed I've struggled with the whole blogging thing in recent months. And considering that my blog is just over a year old, that indicates I've pretty much struggled with the whole blogging thing from day one. I want to blog. I want to want to blog. But lately I don't really want to do much of anything. My attitude reeks worse than the sour milk LuV spilled into some unreachable crevasse of the car. I don't really like who I am right now. My hormones are out of control. Seriously. One night I sobbed until my pillow was drenched and I'd run out of reasons to pity my poor, sorry self. I went to sleep feeling like a pathetic loser, not unaware that I was acting very much like a high school version of myself. A time when my self esteem couldn't even be detected under a microscope. A time when I loathed just about everything, and myself most of all. These days are not at all unlike those days. And I really don't want to blog about how self-absorbed and insecure I am right now. I don't want people to know what kind of a person I REALLY am, and I especially don't need to be reminded of this pitiful chapter in my life, especially when it's a repeat, and perhaps a common theme throughout my life.

And that, my friends, is why I am a bad blogger. I am essentially a fortress when it comes to most people. You've heard of walls? I've surrounded myself with them. So what possessed me to start publishing what I think and feel on the world-wide web? It's insane how much stress it causes me. Every post I agonize over, wondering what people will think, not only of my words, but of ME! I don't want to sugar-coat my life. I don't want to write about how my children are perfect (or at least better than yours) and I don't want to write about how every day is filled with fabulous, creative, educational, super-entertaining activities, because I'm super mom (that would be blatant lies). But I also don't want to write about my actual day-to-day frustrations and feelings of inadequacy. Life as a stay-at-home wife and mother does not come easily for me....it is not my dream job, and I'm not a natural at it. When I started my blog I wanted to write about the GOOD things in my life, so I would enjoy them more, and so I could look back and remember that life was and continues to be GOOD. Lately I haven't felt a lot of GOODness....It's there, I just need to be better about recognizing it.

And next time I feel an anxiety attack coming on when I sit down to write a post, I need to find the GOOD and forget the rest. So....one GOOD thing I finished today was a project I started with my mom and sisters and sisters-in-law a couple weeks ago. It's an advent calendar made out of a muffin tin. The 24 days until Christmas are made with scrapbook paper and embellishments glued to a magnet to cover the muffin cups. Each day the girls can take off a magnet to find a little treat along with some sort of Christmas-y activity or project or service for that day. Here's hoping that I can get my stinky attitude in check and enjoy the holidays, at least for the girls' sake. Otherwise I might need to check myself into a mental institution until this baby is born - a little medication and even a straight jacket and a padded room doesn't sound too bad right about now.

4 comments:

Emily said...

oh Sarah, I know how you feel and I hate those slumps. You will get out of it though. That is definitely a reason you need to come to Twin next weekend so we can go see New Moon. Nothing like getting you out of those "teenager mood swings" like a teen chick flick!!

jillpill said...

Sarah, I get it...I understand and I've been there. Why as women do we have to go through all this? I wish I had some fabulous words of wisdom, but I don't...I just tend to cope with calories and heaven knows that doesn't help! Just so you know, I love reading your posts because they are real. Life is not the fabulous sugar coated situations many blogs are all about..."look what my perfect family did today" Life is RAW! Hang in there, please know that so many people love and care about you, and remember the only things that are good sugar coated are cookies...big ones!

Lexie Thomas said...

Sarah, I enjoy reading your blog. I love knowing others struggle too. I think you are a great mother. Your children may not be perfect but they are so wonderful. I love being your sister-in-law, and had a great time with you at the girls weekend!

Katie Thomas said...

Sarah, I love ya so much and admire you for writing about things we all feel at times, but try to hide it. What's this i here about possibly coming to Twin this weekend!? that would be awesome, i hope ya do. love you!

© Of Good Report. Powered by