Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Evolution of a Nerd


In high school a POPULAR boy called me - not for a date - not to chat - but because he needed the answers to a school assignment.

I took the ACT three times and the SAT once.

In college I would come home from class and recopy my notes until they were perfection (sorry environmentalists).

I won the Freshman Chemistry Handbook Award.

I love taking standardized tests! In addition to the ACT and SAT I took the MCAT and GRE (and I was so looking forward to help CW study for the LSAT and/or GMAT until he decided it was a no go).

My secret indulgence is doing MATH PUZZLES and LOGIC PROBLEMS - I am totally addicted once I get started!


I have always been and will always be a nerd. What makes you a nerd?

4 comments:

Bree Anne said...

Oh where to even start? Haha. At the risk of being mocked by all Staheli's who read this, I share my own list of what makes me a nerd:

~I like the Backstreet Boys and still listen to them in my car/room.

~If given a specific event or quote in Gilmore Girls, I can tell you who said it, the season, episode number and episode title. The majority of the time, I can also quote most of that entire scene back to you. :-)

Emily said...

Oh Sarah, we all know you're a nerd! But I think everyone is in some way. The real nerds are the ones who can't admit it, right? So you're moving one step forward.

Anonymous said...

Do you sudoku? In the UK times (link below) there is a daily sudoku. They get progressively harder during the week, Friday and Saturday being the most difficult. On the killer version, there is a time limit (for instance 55 minutes). I'm happy for the day when I blow the time out of the water, doing the killer in 15 minutes when it says 1h15m. Enjoy. http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/games_and_puzzles/sudoku/

Brad and Alison said...

Well...I don't know if it's that you are a nerd or that you are just freakin smart! I wish my pea brain would even allow me to take the MCAT or GRE and make it worth all my efforts, but even if I tried it wouldn't be worth it. You are just blessed more than others with that kind of stuff. Oh... you should watch The Big Bang Theory. It is a nerdy TV show but it is hillarious. You can watch clips of it on you tube. Brad and I love the show.

© Of Good Report. Powered by