Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Animal Instincts and Other Random Thoughts

I have been noticing of late that I eat A LOT. No really, a lot. I could also sleep for days if I weren't responsible for two li'l girls...who are stinking cute, by the way. So I am either pregnant or I am getting myself ready for the long winter months. Maybe I was a bear in a past life...hibernation suits me.

Why is it that my almost 15-month-old insists upon roaming free while out shopping - refusing to be confined to a shopping cart or her mother's arms - and yet, when I want her to go play and run around at home she insists that I hold her?

The other day we were cleaning up breakfast before EM went to preschool. She said to me, "Mom, your hair is crazy. You really need to fix it before you take me to preschool." She is already embarrassed by her crazy-haired mother! How does a 3-year-old whose hair is ALWAYS crazy become concerned with how her mother's hair looks in public?

I am so glad that I finished my Christmas shopping the first week in December...I had to go to Wal-Mart for some random non-Christmas item, and there is not an ounce of Christmas spirit in Wal-Mart the week before Christmas. Then again, it was Wal-Mart, and even when it's not Christmastime I can't think of a single pleasant experience I've had shopping at that store. Regardless, I am making a mental note to do my Christmas shopping early from now on (and also not to shop at Wal-Mart).

Some days I look at my girls and for a brief moment my heart melts...my heart breaks...my heart aches...my heart pounds. I can't adequately describe the feeling, but it overwhelms me. I am consumed with love for these two little munchkins. The rest of the 23 hours 59 minutes and 50 seconds are spent losing my temper, pulling my hair out, scolding, reprimanding, saying "NO!", losing sleep...but in those 10 seconds none of it matters. They are the most perfect things I've ever laid eyes on, and they belong to me, forever and ever and ever.

6 comments:

Bree Anne said...

There's a cure for shopping at Satan's Store. It's called TARGET! Yay! Ha, EM cracks me up. She's a feisty one that girl is. I love her though :)

Julie Barney said...

You express your thoughts so well. I love this post :)

momtherunner said...

Are you making an announcement??? This time of year encourages eating and sleeping: lots of holiday treats+snowy,cold weather= a reason to eat and sleep. I feel the same way about my kids...they are beautiful, wonderful,the joy of my life and sometimes I wonder how I manage to remain sane!! I haven't been admitted...yet! See you guys soon!

Sarah said...

Time to get a puppy!

jillpill said...

Love your blog. I might become addicted. It was so fun to catch up with you tonight. My stomach hurts I laughed so hard! Sorry if my true craziness and sarcasm was a little much. I tend to get out of hand. See you on facebook....maybe.

Emily said...

Hey, how did I miss this one? Very well written...but you need to post again. I'm waiting...

© Of Good Report. Powered by