Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My TV "Type"

Is it just me, or do they look alike?









Okay, I cannot believe I am blogging about television, but apparently this is what my life has come to. So, CW and I have not yet joined the 21st century. We don't have DVR...what am I talking about - DVR??? We don't even have cable...or a flat screen...I know, how ever do we survive? Our bunny ears are bent and broken, our SINGLE television set's home is in our dark, dungeon of a basement, and the only station that we get decent reception for is PBS. That is why I am totally up to date on Curious George, Word Girl, Super Why, and Word World...but pretty much clueless as to what is currently going on in the rest of the sitcom/drama world. While I realize there are other GOOD alternatives to catching up on my shows - for instance, the Internet - I have chosen Netflix to fulfill my TV obsessions.

I actually prefer watching an entire season on my own terms. No commercials, no anxiety over what will happen in next week's episode, no frustration with writers' strikes. If I choose I can sit and watch an entire season in one sitting (that is, if I were childless and husbandless and jobless and had absolutely nothing better to do). The price I pay? Being a little behind the times in my TV "current" events. Has Jim proposed to Pam? What has become of the passengers of Oceanic Flight 815? I don't have to ask what House is up to - he's still antisocial, still cynical, still addicted to Vicodin, still a genius....just solving new cases that I've yet to see. So what if I find out a year later than everyone else?

I'd heard GOOD things about a new show (new to me, anyway) - Chuck. So, last week I received in my mailbox the first disc of the first season. Loved it. Loved Chuck. Now I have a dilemma. My absolute and only TV/Hollywood crush has been Jim Halpert (aka John Krasinski). How can I handle two crushes? How can CW handle me having two crushes? Who would I choose, if I were forced to choose...Jim...or Chuck?!

5 comments:

Bree Anne said...

Although I've never seen Chuck, I would say go with Jim. To quote Lorelai, "Your first love is intense and you never really get over it." Stay with Jim. Other than Luke and Lorelai, who makes the most adorable couple on TV? Jim and Pam!

Happy Housewife said...

Well, technically my first love is CW, and seeing how neither Jim nor Chuck is actually a real, live person...I'll just keep fantasizing.

Bree Anne said...

Technically yes, but since these are fictional characters...we'll just pretend right? lol.

I agree with you on House though. I find him really attractive even if he is a jerk. Luke, House, Jim, Gilbert Blythe, Mr. Darcy, Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Christian (from Moulin Rouge), Atticus Finch...Oh crap...I think I'm sunk. :)

Emily said...

Oh no! Not another one! Just kidding. That is funny about Ellie. I think its a better turn around. Well, I've never seen Chuck before so I can't help you on that one but they do look alike.

Sarah said...

ha! this post made me laugh :) Jim all the way. Chuck's cute, but too geeky, even for the geek squad!

© Of Good Report. Powered by