Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Broccoli Salad


EM helped me make broccoli salad for dinner. It’s one of CW’s favorites.

2 bunches broccoli tops
½ red onion, chopped
½ lb crisp bacon, crumbled
grated cheddar cheese
grapes, halved
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp vinegar
¼ cup sugar

I chopped broccoli while EM gnawed on it like a beaver chomping on a log. EM wanted to know if she liked “purple onions” so she tried a piece. It made her eyes and tongue burn, but she was still determined to eat it. I was proud of her for trying something new, even if she wasn’t able to eat it all. I cooked the bacon in the microwave, because it is so much easier that way, and then let LuV and EM share a slice. EM blew on the bacon for her little sister even though it wasn’t hot. LuV has two mommies. I grated cheese and EM asked why I was putting cheese in the salad. I halved the grapes and EM stole grapes as she stole glances at me, making sure she wasn’t in trouble. I put the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar into a bowl and EM stirred it all together until it was smooth and creamy. We tossed everything together and put it in the fridge until it was time for dinner. CW had several helpings, and literally licked his plate.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I've started to get the bacon bits in the jars. SO WONDERFUL! No smelly bacon kitchen or grease or anything else. It just works out so swell.

jillpill said...

I'm drooling really. Thanks for the recipe!

© Of Good Report. Powered by