Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Not So Subtle


To CW,

I made a mistake - early on in our marriage when I was naive and assumed you should know me well enough to be able to read my mind. I told you that some special occasion (such as Valentine's Day or my birthday or our anniversary) was not a "big deal" and you didn't need to do anything special. And you believed me. You must have been relieved to find that I, like you, found it silly and unnecessary to make a big deal on these days. I have since learned that you are a low-key, low maintenance kind of guy who does not care for such hoopla when said events involve you. Well, I was severely disappointed when nothing was done in celebration for whatever occasion I had told you not to worry about celebrating. Just in case you haven't realized after 7 years of marriage...I like to celebrate, I like to make a big deal, and I like to perhaps go a bit overboard. I will never throw you a surprise party. I will never invite the neighborhood over for cake and ice cream when you turn a year older. I will never buy you a gift without being 100% certain you will approve. But for your benefit, here are a few items on my "wish list." In the next month we will celebrate Mother's Day, my birthday, and our anniversary, hint, hint, hint.

1. A dress from here.

2. This phone.

3. A vacuum (or maybe one a little less pricey...)


5. A haircut and/or pedicure so I can look like her.

6. Dinner and a movie with you as my date.

7. This, or this, or this.

8. Something from here.

9. A bench for our bare wall.

I know that was a little "indulgent" as Simon Cowell would say, but just so long as you remember and do something to make it a special day, I'll be happy. I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SaM
This is POSITIVLEY your best post EVER!!!!!! I am so in love with you right now, you do not know how much stress you have just taken off of my shoulders. The best part is you gave me a list so it will still be a surprise. I am going to come home from work tonight and hold your body as close and as tight to mine as I can and give you a Kiss you wont soon forget…………..
CW

jillpill said...

Seriously, awesome post! I might have to follow your example. I too made the mistake of telling my spouse it was no big deal...then I am sad every occasion. Thanks for the blasted good idea! May all your wishes come true!

misty said...

I absolutely love coming to your blog page and reading each new post you have on here! This one is no different, I LOVED it! And I agree with Jill and may just have to use your idea....or better yet, now I know not to make tht mistake of telling him not to make a big deal of it..that is, when I actually find the one that should be getting me something for these occasions!! lol

misty

Katie said...

Loved your post. This is so funny cause I did the same thing with Chad. It's no big deal... don't waste money on that... I'm so over that! I told him last month that we better be doing something good for my big 30 next month. You can remind him if you'd like:) Hey let me take you out to a movie for your b-day. We can go a little later after the kiddos are in bed.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I have been a blog slacker lately and was just catching up on yours. I love your entries. Happy birthday late to that cute daughter and i love this post. I can relate, i was laughing through it. Hope you are doing well!

© Of Good Report. Powered by