Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Note to Self


I don't have anything terribly important to say, but it's been a while, so here I am. Lately I have had to do a lot of baking for various reasons...pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, pumpkin spice cookies. Have I mentioned that I love autumn? I love autumn. For several reasons. Many of these reasons involve food. Soup. Apples (already mentioned in a previous post). Pumpkin. I love pumpkin - cookies, pie, ice cream, seeds, anything pumpkin. Anyway, back to my baking frenzy. Yesterday I was frosting sugar cookies when EM came into the kitchen. Our conversation went something like this.


EM: "Mom, I need a cookie."

Me: "You can have a cookie after we eat dinner."

EM: "Mommy, I just need one cookie, I don't need five."


Take that, fatty. She had, of course, observed me during the day snacking, and munching, and tasting, and nibbling the unfrosted cookies...I ate way more than five. I know she noticed, because at one point she informed me that I was going to eat all the cookies if I didn't stop. Maybe some day I'll be able to restrain myself to just one, but I'm not counting on it. If only I were so lucky as to have been born with some self control. Side note: EM did get her one cookie before dinner. She's too cute to resist sometimes. (And according to CW, I'm already helping her on her way to her own little sweet addiction. So sorry, my dear.)

3 comments:

Emily said...

So did you like the sugar cookie recipe. Obviously if you were snacking on them all day! I can see why, they really are delicious.

Julie Barney said...

When you are as thin as the two of you are, why have self control? Eat away! Then you could join the chubby side with me! :)

Bree Anne said...

I agree with Julie. :-) I'm glad you commented on my blog...I've been meaning to comment on yours.

I didn't realize you were such a good writer! Your posts make me laugh. EM's a crack up.

© Of Good Report. Powered by