Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Welcome Winter, Welcome Me


I cannot believe that I am actually joining the blog-world. Unfortunately, the perfectionist in me would not let me quit until I felt that my blog was satisfactory - at least somewhat presentable, not too terribly embarrassing. It is now very, very late. Tomorrow I will kick myself for allowing myself to become obsessed with this. But, before I lay my weary head to rest I wanted to welcome myself to blogging. I am in over my head, this I know already. I know that I will agonize over each post, wondering if it's clever enough, wishing I was more articulate, or that I had a witty sense of humor. So as I begin this new adventure, I promise myself that I will try not to stress (too much), to succumb to blog envy, or to over think what I want to write. I simply want to remember the moments along the way. Each day brings happiness in some form, and this blog is for me to record the GOOD in my life.

As we woke to the first snow of the season this morning, I watched EM, my 3 1/2-year-old daughter, delight in the wonder of nature. She could hardly wait to go out and experience the miracle for herself. Not until her hands were frozen stiff would she come inside. When did I lose my fascination with such simple joys? Thank GOODness for children who remind me of all that is GOOD, and who help me find pleasure in the world around me.

4 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Sorry, I deleted my comment because I realized I used your name...but all I said was I can already tell your blog is going to be great. Now I have blog envy!

Julie Barney said...

YA!! I'm so excited to be able to look at all of you guys!
Good-luck with not having blog envy. Let me know how you do it :)
We love you guys and hope to see you for Halloween.

Brad and Alison said...

EM is soooo stinkin cute sledding down your hill! Was that a little snort we heard at the bottom of the hill? How cute.

© Of Good Report. Powered by